I think I must have been an Italian in my past life, because Italian food is my absolute favorite! Last night, I whipped together some homemade lasagna. It was rocking! I’ve never been one of those, “I can’t share my recipe” kind of girls, so I decided to share the love. Take a look at the recipe that was passed down to me from Mommy.
2-3 jars of tomato sauce
Ground turkey (or beef)
1 pack of lasagna shells
Shredded mozzarella and ricotta Cheese
Medium sized baking pan
1. Start by rinsing off the ground turkey. You want to make sure it’s nice and clean before you place it in your skillet. Once the ground turkey has been placed in the skillet, turn the fire up to about medium. (Make sure to coat the skillet with cooking oil before hand.)
2. Once your ground turkey has browned, add tomato sauce, a little seasoning to your liking (salt, pepper, garlic, parsley, dash of red wine) and turn the fire off. Coat your medium-sized baking pan with a little tomato sauce to keep the lasagna shells from burning on the bottom.
3. Begin to lay about 3-5 shells (depending on how large your baking pan is) vertically across your pan. Once you lay the first sheet, add your ground turkey and tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and a pinch of ricotta fully across the sheet of lasagna shells. Don’t use all your ingredients on the first sheet, because you will then need to repeat these steps for about 2 to three more layers.
4. Once finished layering, fully cover your lasagna dish with foil. Place it in the oven on about 425 degrees, and let it bake for about 30 minutes with the foil on. After 30 minutes, take the foil off, and let it bake for another 15 minutes.
5. After 15 minutes is up, carefully take your baking pan out of the oven (please wear oven mittens), and let it cool for at least another 10 minutes.
6. Grab a nice plate, fork, and devour! Yum!
Tip for Veggie Lovers: Add spinach to your tomato sauce and ground turkey. It gives the lasagna a nice little kick!