It’s been a little while since I have done a hair post, and before I began I need to note “Solange is working it in this photo!” Everything from her hair to the fab fit. However, Solange’s beautifully coiled locks intrigue me the most! I have natural (non-permed) hair myself, but after years of flat ironing I have lost some of my original curl pattern. My roots tend to curl up, but my ends….not so much. Has this happened to you? If so, I have come across a product line, Twisted Sista, for women longing to revive a few ringlets.
Urban Therapy’s Twisted Sista has 6 different products which include the De-frizz Shampoo, Defrizz Conditioner, Curl Activator, 30 Second Curl Spray, Blow Drying Creme, and Different Strokes Serum which all can assist you in achieving a look similar to Solange’s.
My Cheat Sheet for Kinky Curls : (for pressed/flat ironed hair that needs extra help)
1. Shampoo with the De-Frizz Shampoo to hydrate your strands, and provide nutrients such as coconut oil and fruit sugar. It’s important to cleanse all previous dandruff and build up.
2. Condition with the De-Frizz Conditioner. Without conditioner your curls may fall a little limp, and not last as long as you had wished. This conditioner strengthens, and has UV filters that protect your hair from sun damage. This step is also beneficial for moisturizing, detangling, and increasing body.
3. After rinsing the conditioner out, begin to section your hair with a wide tooth comb. After you part each small section began to create 2 stranded twists. Continue this step until your whole head has 2 stranded twists. (Create larger sections, for larger curls/Smaller sections, for tighter curls)
4. Leave your 2 stranded twists in for a few hours, and allow your hair to set.
5. After a few hours, untwist each braid. Finger comb through to your liking, and maybe follow up with a little 30 Second Curl Spray.
Wallah! You have curls girl!
All Twisted Sista products can be found at Walgreens for no more than about $5!
GIVEAWAY: I know we can all be a little skeptical about trying new hair products. For this reason, I want to give you all a chance to try a few products from Twisted Sista’s product line for FREE. All you have to do is subscribe to 2 Snaps and a Twist today or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Twisted Sista Giveaway,” and your full mailing address. Good luck!
photo credit: Zimbio